7 Mar 2014


PALENQUE

Final jungle nights, monkeys included gratis...

The jungle is great, its really beautiful, the animals are amazing and you are literally in another world. On the downside it is SO SO HOT & SWEATY!!! You are always sweating, i mean literally at no point in the day are you not sweating and even once the sun has gone down you are still sweating. This results in a very damp wardrobe. It's ok though because you realise, while sweating, that you are in Mexico and the Jungle and that is awesome!!!

I was only in Palenque for 3 days and it was a grand time, i took a trip to the ruins and watched a group of hippies from afar as they openly jammed and hugged trees. I also spent a whole day in the Jungle looking for, finding and enjoying a waterfall. It was all excellent good fun times and i would highly recommend it on a Mexican itinerary  I think three days was enough plus i was on a strict deadline to get to the coast to see my sister for a family re union on the 20th! 

Just one last overnight bus ahead of me and then NO MORE! In retrospect this was the worst one of all, i chose 2nd class as 1st class was bloody expensive. This meant the bus was packed and there was many a crying child and to top it off the man behind me was sick. Unpleasant but i did make it to my destination and only 2hr late. 




SO HOT! SO SWEATY! 






No comments:

Post a Comment