27 Oct 2013


SAN FRANCISCO - PORTLAND
TRAIN 14 . SEAT 44 . HRS 17.5

This is now the bar where i shall measure ALL train journeys and i can tell you right now it will take a major miracle to top the journey that i had...

I actually started the trip in a pretty bad mood, i had hung around all day after checking out for my 9pm bus to take me to Emeryville to catch the train. Then when i arrived at the station i was shouted at for having a bag that was too heavy... i already felt sorry for my train companion and was praying that i wouldn't have to sit next to anyone. 

So the train get's in and there is a VERY poor system for us all to get on, i obviously push to the front and get on and ushered to seat 44... little did i know that the occupant of seat 43 was about to crash into my life and make it 100% better. 

I figured i should introduce myself to this girl as i am going to have to spend 17 hrs next to her and attempt to sleep at some point on the journey. So we engaged in some casual small talk however i would say it took all of 23 minutes for us to realise we are in fact soul mates! 

HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:

Tears of laughter, VERY LOUD cackling, me face planting the chair, me demonstrating how a curtain works, Becca showing off her snacks to me, i demonstrated a clever tuck and roll on the trouser leg and forced a full sock tuck on her for sleepy time, many stories, the creation of the best playlist know to man (FYI still waiting for that), the sharing of my stolen aeroplane blanket, full sleep WITH a hand hold... (not requested by me... even though it is my all time favourite thing in the world!!!!!), waking to Sinead O'Conner 'Nothing Compares To You' at sunrise and attempting to climb over my sleeping buddy and managing to make it look like a full body mount (i retreated to my seat).

I LITERALLY COULDN'T HAVE BEEN HAPPIER!

And i haven't even mentioned the scenery which of course was AMAZING!!!

LOWLIGHTS INCLUDE:

The worst sandwich anyone has ever eaten, the worst tea anyone has ever drunk and walking in on two people having horrible oral sex in a disabled bathroom. Unwanted! 

All in all it was an absolute dream and we were devastated when the journey came to an end and we had to part.. however a re union was on the cards. Would we meet again in Seattle? 

This is a train journey that will never be matched..







1 comment:

  1. Hello Badger - so happy you are meeting great people along you way !!! Might be because you are pretty darn funny yourself ... So exciting to read about your swimming pool adventures and train rides. Looking forward to enjoying more fun stories !!! Hamburg is good - we have moved from Berlin now and we are getting settled - will email you some more stories and photos when things are more settled - big hugs ! Will you have a permanent address over christmas ?! If yes please pas the address babes - take care you are great :)

    ReplyDelete