3 Nov 2013


PORTLANDIA

She is as pretty as a picture and smells just as good... 

I headed straight to the tiniest and most charming hostel and it really felt like i was at camp. All of the wooden beds were setup with disney character bedding and hand drawn pictures decorated the rooms. It suited Portland perfectly.

Portland is a truly beautiful corner of the world and the autumn leaves where everywhere. I was lucky enough to have even more great weather and i tried to be outside as much as possible. This did end up with me getting VERY lost in Washington Park (they say park we would say forest) and having to hike out after contemplating building a shelter and hunting for dinner. 

I packed in some culture with half of my day spend in Powell's books which is GIANT, the largest independent book store in America FACT, and contains more than you could ever read in a lifetime. I also managed to see the film 'Concussion', with Robin Weigert from Sons of Anarchy,  which i have been trying to illegally download for weeks and it so happened to be on at a tiny theatre in downtown. Annoyingly it wasn't as good as i hoped but i liked it's arty cinematography anyhow...

I would also like to congratulate Portland for all round excellent signage! Every font i saw i loved from tiny notices to big adverts, quirky coffee shops and cool boutiques the signage was top notch. (for any one who loves signs as much as i do i will be writing a post dedicated to the subject YAY!).

I only spent two days in Portland as i had managed to change my train ticket to visit my train buddy in Seattle before we both left the States. But i would say it was a perfect amount of time. I missed out on hitting the strip club's but i hear from some good friends that they are well worth a visit. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment