10 Dec 2013


SWIMMING POOLS OF THE WEST EAST PART.4

Through sleet and snow i travelled in search of a swimming session suitable to live up to the dizzy heights that this blog feature has become. 
I can tell you it did not disappoint! 

One particularly cold Sunday in Toronto i headed up on the metro to The Douglas Snow Aquatic Centre.
It was very hard to find and a little spooky on the approach, the two decorative pools outside the building had frozen solid and there was not a sole in sight. Heading round the back i found a small entrance to the pool and a very empty reception desk. I'm not sure why but i figured i would skip the whole paying part of swimming and head straight in, the internet had told me the session was at 8pm so i strode on in. 

This was a foolish thing to do, once inside and changed into my lycra outfit i realised that all that was happening was a lot of classes. 
It took me a while to figure out what to do and then i thought 'just lie' so i did. I put on my best British accent and explained to a friendly lifeguard that i had left my money on the counter at reception and didn't realise there were classes going on. She said not to worry, that the lane swim would start in 40 mins and i was welcome to join a class. So i hopped in and spent 30 mins jumping and bouncing in an Aqua Fat class. 

Much harder than is looks i will tell you. After this i did my usual swimming session and yet again had the pleasure of joining some Asian seniors in the poaching pool. It turned out to be a very LONG session...

NO. OF POOLS: 1
LOCATION: Jump on the Yonge St Metro 
INDOORS/OUTDOORS: Indoors
LENGTH: 1x 50 1x poaching pool
WOW FACTOR: 5/10
CHANGING FACILITIES: 6/10
BONUS: Free swim and Free Aqua Fat Class





No comments:

Post a Comment