30 Dec 2013


BOSTON

Short and sweet and full of witchy fun!

My final stop in the US before heading back to Toronto and ultimately off to Mexico was Boston. I had very few expectations of Boston and i was pleasantly surprised. It had some great history and is a great size to walk around. I signed up for a couple of walking tours that were full of fun facts and warm cosy bars, all with an Irish influence, where the locals were friendly and the beer selection vast. 

I also had the perfect saturday morning. It was a bright blue day and was just warm enough to sit in the park with a large tea & cream cheese bagel and watch the skaters on the ice rink. With christmas just around the corner a brass band was playing seasonal songs and it was a very happy morning. 

I really wanted to take a day trip to Salem, mainly because one of my favourite films is Hocus Pocus, so on a cold and hungover day myself and a friend who was suffering far worse than i was took the train out of town. The tales of Salem seem to be a rather intricate tale of people being misunderstood, persecuted and unfortunately hung or imprisoned, it was all in all a sad story. I felt particularly bad for the one poor man who was pressed to death. We did find a lovely cafe with a scrabble board so i was happy!

Boston also has an excellent China town and it was right next door to my hostel so i managed to save some money on cheap dinners and excellent Pho's. All in all my days in Boston were happy ones and i even enjoyed my 5am wake up to catch a very long bus back to Toronto, the sunrise was a perfect pink and the streets were quiet as snow dusted the streets... a perfect morning. 


















Final day in Toronto enjoying the cold at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment