3 Jan 2014


MEXICO. PT 1

Hello blue skies!

The day had arrived to leave the cold behind, customise my trousers to shorts and load up on bug spray and suncream. Mexico is truly amazing, i am completly blown away by the tropical wonders that i am staying in. 

I am in a small place called Sayulita on the Pacific coast with my good friend Sunny and his family. The sun was high in the sky when i touched down and it took me at least 4 days to adjust to where i am. The mountains are covered in tropical rainforest and hidden between them lie bumpy roads leading down to small towns, bays and secluded beaches. Its so idillic here it is almost too much, earlier today i had to swat a butterfly away from me as i was walking into town... life's hardships are ever growing here for me. 

I had a few days before Sunny arrived and Luisa (Sunny's mum) was kind enough to show me around the town and take me to an excellent outdoor market. There was a lot of shopping to be done pre arrival of family & friends, the market was set in a harbour and it was another sunny sunny day when we went. Visiting markets is one of my favourite things to do in London and this was just as enjoyable if not more! Who doesn't like to tan and shop at the same time? There were large fresh fish stalls, organic greens and tons of crafts, the highlight for me must have been the discovery of the fluro pom pom's! 

My food adventure had already begun with a great meal in Sayulita where we ate Tacos de Carne with smokey chipotle sauce, Grilled Cactus, Aqua Fresca de Jamaica and crispy fish Tostadas. This has started a new rating game of all of the taco spots Sunny, Rio and I come across. Keep your eyes peeled for 'Taking On Montezuma's Revenge - 2014' the ultimate Mexican taco tour. 

All in all Mexico is AMAZEBALLS and i am never leaving! More to come v.soon...












No comments:

Post a Comment